I would suggest scrolling down and hitting the first part up to begin with so that the posts regarding this geekfest has more of a natural progression...cause starting with Erin Grey may cause awesomeness overload....or boredom...im pretty sure there is a fairly narrow interest in these kind of posts....you know...comics and stuff.
Erin Grey of "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" Fame. I sure she has been in some other things over the years (Silver Spoons being one of them if i recall right) but lets be honest, she will always be the hot chick in the skin tight sparkly space uniform who conversed with a poorly designed robot named Twiggy. Yeah, thats right, i remember the robots name....Comic Con? me going to it?....yeah.....i fit right in.
Bruce Campbell, the man, the legend. He passed by me to buy some junk and i snapped a quick picture of him. He was keeping a pretty low profile and moving as fast as he could. Comic-geeks are notorious for not being able to focus on fast moving objects and im sure he was well aware of that genetic defect as he sped past the throngs of fans weaving and dodging. Trial and error on his part i suppose. Bruce Campbell in all his B-Movie glory is to the Comic-Con goer as the Beatles were to underage screaming girls. He and i both realized right after my flash went off that i had blown his cover and i saw the panic in his eyes as heads turned instinctively towards the bright light. He was gone just as fast as he came. Yeti would have been proud.
We (both of my brothers and I) were all pretty geeked out when we happened upon a booth that was giving away free "Greatest American Hero" comics. It was a call back to my childhood watching TV on friday nights with my family...in comic form. We spoke to the booth attendant about how we loved this show and inquired a bit more about the comic to which the booth attendant replied "well, why dont you just go ask William Katt and Robert Culp, they are sitting right over there and signing the comics". Yeah, thats right, the stars of the show were sitting kitty corner from the booth. My brothers and i jumped up and screamed with girlish joy. Travis even began to do a little giddy dance that, when pressed, I'm sure he would be willing to do it again to show you his excitement. Autographs were had, praises to these men were given, and a photo-op was the outcome....great ending to a fun-filled day.

3 comments:
Okay, that was me above, I had a typo and am too much of a perfectionist to let it stand permanently in the comment section for all time. What I'm trying to say is, that was a beautiful Bruce Campbell story.
Brant-now I finally now what you guys do at Comic Con. Thanks for putting it up, maybe I'll steal the ones of Travis for ours.
Post a Comment