Charlie is now 4 years old! I just can't believe it. Since we just moved, he really didn't have any 4 year olds to invite to his party so we just did a big family day. I had asked him a couple of weeks earlier what kind of cake he wanted and after going to the store and looking through cake pictures with Simon, his heart was set on a pirate cake. I looked into the cost of the cake from the store and they wanted $40 for their cake, and it was a big cake. I wasn't about to spend that on a large cake for the four of us so I set out to make a home-made pirate cake. After a couple of failed attempts, this is how it turned out. I always think I can make anything, but I have been humbled and have decided I am not a cake decorator. It turned out o.k. but remember, I spent hours with failed attempts.

After we opend presents and ate some cake, we ventured off to fulfill Charlie's birthday wishes. He wanted to go bowling and eat pizza. We all had a really good time. All of the light-weight balls were gone so the balls we had were a little heavy for the kids. That didn't stop them though, they heaved those balls to the lane and pushed or threw them down.

Millie really enjoyed the bowling too. What a cutie!
2 comments:
Missy, I cannot believe Charlie is 4!!! It seems like just yesterday he was an infant. *sigh* They grow up so fast! I'm glad to see the blog's getting updated more. Miss your cute lil' fam!!!
I'm happy to see your pic
https://www.cekaja.com/info
Post a Comment