Sunday, April 5, 2009

Crap...my meager streak is over.

I was so good for a few months...then I got busy. See how that works? Its not that i don't care about doing updates to this blog, its just that i don't care enough...Dont get me wrong, i enjoy entertaining those few who actually navigate to our little family blog and laugh at my general shenanigans and outright mockery, its just not in the forefront of my mind on a daily basis, therefore updates get left behind, like a forgotten child at a gas station. Don't worry, I always go back for them, but the example still applies.


So this is Simon riding a bike for the first time sans his training wheels. I had the boys one saturday while melissa was working and my mother was in town. We had an impromptu family gathering at a park where Simon promptly hopped on his cousins bike and took off. I took about 50 pictures as he rode the child sized bike in circles only crashing when he wanted to stop. My pride began to show as i talked to my extended family about the intelligence of my oldest son but also about his natural athletic ability to be able to pick up a bike and just go for the first time. When my wife arrived home that night i showed her the pictures i took and explained with amazement how gifted our son was. her response was "oh, hes been riding a normal bike for weeks now.....". Nice...So, the lesson learned is that my children have major milestones in their lives and i learn about them weeks if not months later. So, instead of a son with natural athletic ability, i have one that can ride a bike, but just cant stop without wrecking.


I can't tell where the hat begins and his hair ends. He's like a ninja that can only hide when standing near a fire truck or school house from the 1800's.


Simon watching cartoons one saturday morning. I really got nothin' for this one. I just saw him with his legs crossed and his hands folded in his lap and it made me giggle. But look at those huge freakin' clater feet. Looks like we yoinked some flippers off of a walrus and slapped them on his ankle stubbs.


There was some confusion on Charley's part as to what kind of dress up was going to happen. Simon went for the classic star wars and charlie is all about the lone ranger/hulk medley. Charlie knows he is supposed to be strong, but also riding on a horse. So he settles for a one arm muscle pose rounding it up with a look of concern his people with a strong sense of law and justice.

4 comments:

shelby hall said...

Thanxs for updateing ur blog! Little kids are so goofy!!!

Shannon said...

You could make some good money with your posts. I am laughing so hard! The stuff you come up with is freaking hilarious.

Christina said...

TWDF!

thanks for the laugh-out-loud smiles you just provided me!

I SO look forward to random brant commentary!

Kelley said...

"Oh, he's been riding a normal bike for weeks now..."

I can totally hear the Miss saying that.